Our demands, Your rights
- Halt construction immediately.
- We, as New Yorkers need to know what is being done in our name. And, we have questions. [HYPERLINK]
- Remove surveillance cameras and bluetooth beacons immediately.
- Kiosks do not need to have cameras and blue tooth chips to provide WiFi.
- Information about New Yorkers’ movements on- or off-line should not be monetized for corporate profit.
- Provide genuine community WiFi (especially to low-income communities) – without the surveillance.
- Create a public WiFi system that gives to the community rather than taking from it and does not compromise citizens’ privacy.
- Use people-focused rather than profit-driven design.
- Institute public oversight for any and all community WiFi projects.
- New Yorkers want control over the shape of their city’s digital future.